Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introduction

My name is Carmen Pulcinella. I am a sophomore at Shippensburg University and my major is currently Accounting but I am thinking of changing it to Management Information Systems. I am from a suburb outside of Philadelphia called Ridley. I love it there but I thought it was time for a change, which is why I decided to come to Shippensburg.

In my spare time I like to do what every other college student does. Hang out with friends, listen to music, go shopping, watch movies, etc. I have a very broad iTunes library, everything from Lil Wayne and Drake to Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. I like all kinds of music, I guess it just depends on my mood. My favorite shows are Desperate Housewives, Friends, One Tree Hill, and True Blood. I have hundreds of favorite movies but my top three are probably Love and Basketball, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Knocked Up. I am horrible at video games so I don't play them but I've watched my guy friends play call of duty and all those other shooting games millions of times.

I chose to take this class, mostly because I needed a gen-ed, but also because I find it interesting to read different books and poems that I wouldn't normally read outside of class. My favorite author outside of class is Jodi Piccoult. I have read almost all of her books. I also like Chelsea Handler's books. I hope to learn more about literature in this course since I don't really know a lot about the subject.




 

5 comments:

  1. It's nice having you in my class again Carmen! I'm a die-hard True Blood fan too. Such a good show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be an accounting major but decided on management instead. I also love taylor swift and two of my favorite shows are Desperate Housewives and One Tree Hill! We'll have to discuss episodes sometime haha. I'm hoping to read Chelsea Handler's books, I hope they were good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your taste in music is the same as mine, and I love Taylor Swift as well, and actually got a hug from her when I was in high school haha. As a freshman I came into college as an Accounting major, but changed it after 1 college accounting class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked up were both great movies. I'm a Management Information Systems Major and it's pretty cool. All the classes are pretty computer oriented so if you don't know much about them the classes could be a little tough, but nothing out of reach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an uncle who lives in Ridley! I have visited a couple of times, and it is a really nice area. Knocked up is one of my favorite movies! I also pretty much love all the music you said.

    ReplyDelete